Thursday, July 2, 2009

WHAT A COUPLE OF WEEKS....

It has been awhile since Julie and I actually posted anything other than pictures of Dixon. If we did nothing else, the photos of our boy would be fine, however I thought we should maybe take some time to say a few words about how life has been lately. It has been an interesting last couple of weeks to say the least.

First, a little bit about Dixon :)

He is a little boy now. At 15 months old now he bares no resemblance to the infant he was just a few months ago. Now he walks. Yes, for almost three weeks now he has been toddling around everywhere. He is very independent and doesn't really want you to hold his hand as he walks. Like all of us when we first ventured out into the unknown on our own two feet, he started quite wobbly and had three major bumps to show it. First he smacked into the corner of the shoe rack and hit himself right behind his left ear, then the next day he fell backwards and landed on the metal strip between the carpet and the linoleum. His last major spill was when he fell face first and punctured his lip with his tooth. All major "Owies" I assure you. He has been much more stable since those, but we know that this is just the beginning and we are preparing ourselves for the scrapes and bruises to follow. Though I wasn't too worried about him, I was a little worried about whether Julie and I would survive this "learning to walk" stage. Yikes! I am pretty sure that my hair will be completely gray soon...

This last weekend he had his first hair cut. That changed him overnight. I swear we came home from Eastern WA, with a different boy than what we left with. He looks so mature it is scaring me. He expresses himself very well now, both in facial gestures and in voice. He is already more technically minded than his folks, has figured out how to use the iPhone and our MacBook, plus he can turn the Xbox 360 on, as well as the TV. Not only that but he can of course get into all the cupboards and drawers. He loves to help organize the towel drawer :) The other day he took my car keys and walked to the door and was trying to "unlock" the door so he could go outside I guess. I just had to laugh... so I guess I better watch him and make sure he doesn't try and take the car for a spin...

We love him! he is our little boy and he is growing up way too fast!


In other news, we lost someone who was very dear to us. Julie's grandma passed away on Saturday, June 27th. Grandma Violet is an amazing woman, who is now living life eternally with her savior Jesus Christ. We were blessed to have her in our lives, and we were blessed to have seen her just the week before and be able to tell her we love her.

I will always remember how, just 6 days after Dixon was born, Grandma Violet (with Aunt Launa and Aunt Kay) drove over the pass in the middle of the night just to come see Dixon, her new great grandchild. I was quite surprised when I received the phone call from Julie telling me we had visitors!

Here is a photo from that Visit in April 2008.

We will miss you Grandma Violet! Love You!

So for now, Julie and I are busy as always. Between my working at Kenmore Camera full time, our work for Community Northwest, which is our ministry here at Keeler's Corner, and our time with Church, we manage to fill most of the hours in our day. Though stressful and tiring at times, we stay faithful to the path that the Lord has laid out for us, knowing that seeds are being planted and that love is being given. We are extremely thankful for the blessings that the Lord gives us daily and hopefully soon we will find time to catch up with our friends that we miss dearly. We keep you all in our prayers and we thank you all for your prayers!

Rich, Julie and Dixon :)

No comments: